Monday, December 19, 2005

Los Angeles: Santacon!

Santacon, or Santarchy as it is also known, is an annual event worldwide with Santas getting together to have a good time. Santacon is known for its bawdiness, pranks, and harmless behavior.

These photos were taken at Los Angeles Santa Con in 2005. I didn't post all the pictures I took. If I took a picture of you at Santacon (likely,) shoot me an email at kathryn [a] kosmonaut dot net and send me a photo of you. If I have a shot of you, I will happily send it along.

Click on all images to see a larger image



Santa prepares for the long day of fun with libitations.



Santa has bling!


Atnas: the anti-Santas, who dress in white suits and red beards.


Red, red, red everywhere.


Santas descend into the Metro station.


Santas on Metro Red Line



Santas go up, up, up!


Santa finds a reindeer.


Santa is sexy!


Santa says HO!


A group of clowns infiltrated the Santa group.



Santa finds toys for his gift bag. A dildo ...


... and a butt plug. Ho ho ho!


The clowns heckled the Santas and tried to out-ho-ho-ho them.


Santa finds solace in a bar.


Santa can be kind of cranky.


Santa lets it all hang out.


Santa goes to jail!


What's going on? Who are all these Santas?


Santa passes out on the Walk of Fame.


Santa takes over a mall.


Everyone wants a picture of Santa.


Snuggly Santas


Santa rides the bull!


Yee-haw, Santa!


Santa ends the night at a strip club.

More? See "Previous Posts" in the right-hand menu bar.

All photos are ©2005 Kathryn Hill Photography.